Permian Basin frac sand is in high demand, but just how big is that demand?
You are welcome to use our 2018 Permian Basin Frac Sand Infographic, “How BIG is BIG?” on your site; all we ask is proper accreditation with a link back to this page.
Permian Basin Production
- Over 2.8 Million Barrels of Oil per Day and Climbing
- Permian Region Oil Production Chart showed +80 thousand barrels per day month over month
Frac Sand Demand
- Permian Basin accounted for 37% of all U.S. proppant demand
- 68,500 tons per day – enough to fill 600 rail cars per day
- The Permian used more proppant per day than the next two largest-consuming basins combined (Eagle Ford and Marcellus/Utica)
- Permian Basin usage is estimated to reach 40% of all U.S. proppant demand by 2022
- Climbing to 119 billion pounds
- 163,000 tons per day – enough to fill 1,500 rail cars per day
Frac Sand Usage by Well
- Run-of-the-mill Wolfcamp horizontal well
- Used 13 million pounds of proppant on average
- 300 truck deliveries of sand per well
- Up to 5,000 pounds per lateral foot
You are welcome to use our 2018 infographic on your site; all we ask is proper accreditation with a link back to this page.